Shahmar Akberzade’s Verses on Spanish Literature Portal
“Trabalibros”, the popular Spanish literature portal, has posted in Spanish the verses “This World Will Separate Us Sometime” and “You Don't Own Yourself” by Shahmar Akberzade, a notable Azerbaijani poet, as part of the AzSTC project “Azerbaijan Literature in an International Virtual World.” The portal also provides detailed information on the author.
The translator of the verses into Spanish is Aysel Aliyeva, the Spanish language specialist at the AzSTC, and the literary editor is Eva Contreras, a Spanish scholar-philologist.
It is worth noting that the literature portal, followed by a wide auditorium of readers, regularly publishes works by world-famous poets and writers, such as Juan Rulfo, Thomas Mann, Vladimir Nabokov, Wolfgang von Goethe, Miguel Delibes, Federico Garcia Lorca, to name a few.
- was a poet and journalist;
- graduated from Shusha Pedagogical College and M.F. Akhundov Pedagogical Institute of Languages;
- in 1968 started to work as a correspondent, head of department at “Azerbaijan Ganjlari” (The Azerbaijan Youth), “Communist” newspapers;
- founded “Medeniyyet (Culture)” newspaper in 1990;
- the books “Lullaby to My Mother”, “Love Is Not Love If It Is Conditional”, “I regret that....” and “Kharibulbul Songs” have been published;
- in 2014 “Shahmar Literary Assembly” that bears his name was established.
AzSTC Hosts Certificate Award Ceremony for Translators
The Azerbaijan State Translation Centre (AzSTC) has completed the next qualifying examinations for professional translators. The translators who passed AzSTC’s qualifying examinations in sociology and politics, international relations, science and technology, economics, finance, and law received Certificates of the Centre.
Akaki Sereteli’s book for the first time in Azerbaijan
The ADTM Translation Agency is pleased to announce the publication of the book “My Songs”, which includes selected poetic samples by Akaki Sereteli, the notable Georgian poet, within the grant project of the Writer’s House of Georgia.
Saday Budagly’s Short Story in the Israeli literature magazine
“Artikl”, the Israeli literature magazine, has posted in Russian the short story “Rainless Weather” by Saday Budagly, the notable Azerbaijani writer, as part of the AzSTC project “Azerbaijan Literature in an International Virtual World.”