Vagif Aslan’s Verses on the Literary Portal of Austria
“Gedichtesammlung.net”, the popular Austrian literary portal, has posted in German the verses “I Am Like…” and “A Man” by Vagif Aslan, a popular poet of Azerbaijan, as part of the AzSTC project “Azerbaijan Literature in an International Virtual World”.
The translators of the verses into German, preceded by the information about the creativity of the poet, are Andreas Criber, the Austrian scientist-philologist, and Maryam Samadova, the German language specialist at the AzSTC.
It is worth noting that the portal, which has been launched since 2006, regularly publishes samples of the contemporary world literature.
· popular Azerbaijani poet and translator;
· was born in the village of Kish of Shaki District in 1950;
· studied at the Department of French and Azerbaijani Languages of the Azerbaijan Institute of Foreign Languages in 1968–1973;
· his first verse was published in “Ipekchi” Newspaper in Sheki in 1967;
· is the author of the poetry books, such as “A Conversation With The Spirits”, “A Flower Coloured With My Blood”, “Aydin”, “Hello To Oguz Land", "Everything Within Time”, etc;
· has translated works by prominent French writers, such as Paul Verlaine, Eugène Daby, Hervé Bazin, Jean-Baptiste Chardin and Germaine Guillaume, from the original;
· is the laureate of the Azerbaijan State Translation Centre’s Award.
Yusif Samadoglu’s Creativity on German Literary Portal
“Schreiber Netzwerk”, the popular German literature portal, has posted in German the short story “The Cold Stone” by Yusif Samadoglu, the People’s Writer of Azerbaijan, as part of the AzSTC project “Azerbaijan Literature in an International Virtual World.”
Orkhan Fikretoglu’s creativity on Spanish Literary Portal
“Alquibla”, the popular Spanish literature portal, has posted in Spanish the short story “The Tale of the Last Valiant” by Orkhan Fikretoglu, a popular Azerbaijani writer, as part of the AzSTC project “Azerbaijan Literature in an International Virtual World.”
The Book “Heydar Aliyev and Georgia” Presented in Tbilisi
The presentation ceremony of the book “Heydar Aliyev and Georgia” dedicated to the “Year of Heydar Aliyev” and published by the leading Georgian “Merani” Publishing House has been held in Tbilisi. In her opening speech at the event launched in the large assembly hall of the Parliament of Georgia Makvala Gonashvili, the Chairman of the Writers’ Union of Georgia and winner of the Rustaveli State Prize, spoke about Heydar Aliyev’s decisive role in the political, economic and social life of Georgia in the difficult periods of its history and energy projects thanks to which fundamental changes in the field of policy and economic realities in the region had been achieved. Then, Afag Masud, the Board Chair of the Azerbaijan State Translation Centre and People’s Writer took the floor.