AzSTC Hosts Certificate Award Ceremony for Translators
The Azerbaijan State Translation Centre (AzSTC) has completed the next qualifying examinations for professional translators. The translators who passed AzSTC’s qualifying examinations in sociology and politics, international relations, science and technology, economics, finance, and law received Certificates of the Centre.
In her opening remarks, Mrs Pusta Akhundova, Head of the Office for International Relations and Translation Issues underlined the key objectives of the Qualifying Examinations and noted that the names of the certificate holders would be included in the Translation Centre’s official Database.
Below is the list of certificate holders whose names are in bold type:
1. Amina Qafar gizi Farzaliyeva – Subject area: Economics (commercial orientation). Language: English into Azerbaijani-Azerbaijani into English; Russian into Azerbaijani
2. Asgar Aydin oglu Zeynalabdinov – Subject area: History; International Relations; Politics. Language: English into Azerbaijani - Azerbaijani into English
3. Shabnam Zahid gizi Huseynova – Subject area: Science and technology; Oil and gas; Aviation. Language: Russian into Azerbaijani
4. Kamran Nuru oglu Mehbaliyev – Subject area: History; Law. Language: Turkish into Azerbaijani - Azerbaijani into Turkish
5. Emin Ramiz oglu Shirinov – Subject area: Sociology and Politics. Language: English into Azerbaijani; Azerbaijani into Russian - Russian into Azerbaijani
Yusif Samadoglu’s Creativity on German Literary Portal
“Schreiber Netzwerk”, the popular German literature portal, has posted in German the short story “The Cold Stone” by Yusif Samadoglu, the People’s Writer of Azerbaijan, as part of the AzSTC project “Azerbaijan Literature in an International Virtual World.”
Orkhan Fikretoglu’s creativity on Spanish Literary Portal
“Alquibla”, the popular Spanish literature portal, has posted in Spanish the short story “The Tale of the Last Valiant” by Orkhan Fikretoglu, a popular Azerbaijani writer, as part of the AzSTC project “Azerbaijan Literature in an International Virtual World.”
The Book “Heydar Aliyev and Georgia” Presented in Tbilisi
The presentation ceremony of the book “Heydar Aliyev and Georgia” dedicated to the “Year of Heydar Aliyev” and published by the leading Georgian “Merani” Publishing House has been held in Tbilisi. In her opening speech at the event launched in the large assembly hall of the Parliament of Georgia Makvala Gonashvili, the Chairman of the Writers’ Union of Georgia and winner of the Rustaveli State Prize, spoke about Heydar Aliyev’s decisive role in the political, economic and social life of Georgia in the difficult periods of its history and energy projects thanks to which fundamental changes in the field of policy and economic realities in the region had been achieved. Then, Afag Masud, the Board Chair of the Azerbaijan State Translation Centre and People’s Writer took the floor.