Mikayil Mushfig's Verses on the Literary Portals of Spain and Germany
“Alquibla” and “Spruechetante”, the popular Spanish and German literary portals, have posted in Spanish and German the verses “Love for Life” and “A New Young Man” by Mikayil Mushfig, the outstanding Poet of Azerbaijan, as part of the AzSTC project “Azerbaijan Literature in an International Virtual World”.
The portals also provide detailed information on the author. The translator of the verses into Spanish is Aysel Aliyeva, the Spanish language specialist at the AzSTC, the editor is Eva Contreras, the Spanish philologist. The translator of the verses into German is Maryam Samadova, the German language specialist at the AzSTC, and the editor is Kerstin Kraps, the German literary scholar.
It is worth noting that the literary portals, followed by a wide auditorium of readers, regularly publish works by world-famous poets and writers, such as Juan Gil-Albert, Jane Austen, Virginia Woolf, Jean-Paul Sartre, Émile Zola, Haruki Murakami, Friedrich Schiller, Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, Theodor Fontane, Charles Dickens, Thomas Braun, to name a few.
· Famous Azerbaijani poet and translator;
· The poet began his literary career in 1926 with the poem "Today" published in the newspaper "Ganj Ishchi" (Young Employee);
· In 1930, the first book of poems called "Winds" was published;
· He is the author of such books as "Voices of the Day", "Battles", "Among the Drilling";
· He is the translator of Alexander Pushkin's "Gypsies", Taras Shevchenko's "Kobzar", Samuil Marshak's "What an absent-minded lad!" and other works;
· He was a victim of Stalin's repression and was shot in 1938;
· On May 23, 1956, he was posthumously rehabilitated by the decision of the Military Collegium of the Supreme Court of the USSR;
· According to Resolution No. 211 of the Cabinet of Ministers of the Republic of Azerbaijan dated May 7, 2019, Mikayil Mushfig was included in the list of authors whose works are declared state heritage of the Republic of Azerbaijan.
Yusif Samadoglu’s Creativity on German Literary Portal
“Schreiber Netzwerk”, the popular German literature portal, has posted in German the short story “The Cold Stone” by Yusif Samadoglu, the People’s Writer of Azerbaijan, as part of the AzSTC project “Azerbaijan Literature in an International Virtual World.”
Orkhan Fikretoglu’s creativity on Spanish Literary Portal
“Alquibla”, the popular Spanish literature portal, has posted in Spanish the short story “The Tale of the Last Valiant” by Orkhan Fikretoglu, a popular Azerbaijani writer, as part of the AzSTC project “Azerbaijan Literature in an International Virtual World.”
The Book “Heydar Aliyev and Georgia” Presented in Tbilisi
The presentation ceremony of the book “Heydar Aliyev and Georgia” dedicated to the “Year of Heydar Aliyev” and published by the leading Georgian “Merani” Publishing House has been held in Tbilisi. In her opening speech at the event launched in the large assembly hall of the Parliament of Georgia Makvala Gonashvili, the Chairman of the Writers’ Union of Georgia and winner of the Rustaveli State Prize, spoke about Heydar Aliyev’s decisive role in the political, economic and social life of Georgia in the difficult periods of its history and energy projects thanks to which fundamental changes in the field of policy and economic realities in the region had been achieved. Then, Afag Masud, the Board Chair of the Azerbaijan State Translation Centre and People’s Writer took the floor.