Saday Budagly’s Short Story in the Israeli literature magazine
“Artikl”, the Israeli literature magazine, has posted in Russian the short story “Rainless Weather” by Saday Budagly, the notable Azerbaijani writer, as part of the AzSTC project “Azerbaijan Literature in an International Virtual World.”
The author of the translation of the story presented with information about the writer’s creativity is Pusta Akhundova, the Russian language specialist at the Centre.
It is worth noting that the literature magazine “Artikl”, which has a wide auditorium of readers, regularly publishes works by such outstanding writers and poets as James Kenneth Stephen, George Orwell, Jostein Gaarder and Stephen Covey.
· writer, translator;
· was born in Qazakh district in 1955;
· graduated from the Maxim Gorky Literature Institute in 1984;
· is the author of such prose books as “The Crack”, “Talk On The Road”, “The Street Corner”, “The Motherland”;
· the book “The Win”, published in Russian in Moscow, has been awarded the All-Union M. Gorky Prize. In 1982, was the winner of the “Best Story of the Year” Prize established by the literary magazine “Druzhba Narodov” (Russia), and in 2009, the winner of the “Golden Word” Literary Prize in the translation nomination organized by the Ministry of Culture of Azerbaijan;
· has translated works by such world famous authors as Yasunari Kawabata, Miguel Delibes, Gabriel García Márquez, Kazuo Ishiguro, Mario Varqas Llosa, Juan Carlos Onetti and Camilo José Cela.
Yusif Samadoglu’s Creativity on German Literary Portal
“Schreiber Netzwerk”, the popular German literature portal, has posted in German the short story “The Cold Stone” by Yusif Samadoglu, the People’s Writer of Azerbaijan, as part of the AzSTC project “Azerbaijan Literature in an International Virtual World.”
Orkhan Fikretoglu’s creativity on Spanish Literary Portal
“Alquibla”, the popular Spanish literature portal, has posted in Spanish the short story “The Tale of the Last Valiant” by Orkhan Fikretoglu, a popular Azerbaijani writer, as part of the AzSTC project “Azerbaijan Literature in an International Virtual World.”
The Book “Heydar Aliyev and Georgia” Presented in Tbilisi
The presentation ceremony of the book “Heydar Aliyev and Georgia” dedicated to the “Year of Heydar Aliyev” and published by the leading Georgian “Merani” Publishing House has been held in Tbilisi. In her opening speech at the event launched in the large assembly hall of the Parliament of Georgia Makvala Gonashvili, the Chairman of the Writers’ Union of Georgia and winner of the Rustaveli State Prize, spoke about Heydar Aliyev’s decisive role in the political, economic and social life of Georgia in the difficult periods of its history and energy projects thanks to which fundamental changes in the field of policy and economic realities in the region had been achieved. Then, Afag Masud, the Board Chair of the Azerbaijan State Translation Centre and People’s Writer took the floor.