Shahmar’s Short Story on Foreign Literature Portals
“alharir.info”, the Algerian news portal, and “alnoor.se”, the Iraqi literary portal, have posted in Arabic the short story “The Loss” by Sahmar, a notable Azerbaijani writer, as part of the AzSTC project “Azerbaijan Literature in an International Virtual World.” The portals also provide detailed information on the author.
The translator of the short story into Arabic is Ahmad Sami Elaydi, a notable Egyptian translator.
It is worth noting that both portals, followed by a wide auditorium of readers, regularly publish works by world-famous poets and writers, such as Herman Hesse, Ernesto Sabato, Gabriel García Márquez, Federico Garcia Lorca, Thomas Love Peacock, to name a few.
– was a writer and publicist;
– graduated from the Acting Department of Azerbaijan State Institute of Arts;
– worked at A. Shaig State Puppet Theatre;
– several of his works have been performed on the stage of the theatre;
– started his creative activity in 1977 with the short story “A Small Mistake”;
– the short story collections – “The Matchmaking” and “The Loss” have been published;
– was awarded the M.F.Akhundov State Prize after his death.
AzSTC Hosts Certificate Award Ceremony for Translators
The Azerbaijan State Translation Centre (AzSTC) has completed the next qualifying examinations for professional translators. The translators who passed AzSTC’s qualifying examinations in sociology and politics, international relations, science and technology, economics, finance, and law received Certificates of the Centre.
Akaki Sereteli’s book for the first time in Azerbaijan
The ADTM Translation Agency is pleased to announce the publication of the book “My Songs”, which includes selected poetic samples by Akaki Sereteli, the notable Georgian poet, within the grant project of the Writer’s House of Georgia.
Saday Budagly’s Short Story in the Israeli literature magazine
“Artikl”, the Israeli literature magazine, has posted in Russian the short story “Rainless Weather” by Saday Budagly, the notable Azerbaijani writer, as part of the AzSTC project “Azerbaijan Literature in an International Virtual World.”