AzSTC Releases Lesya Ukrainka’s First-Ever Printed Book in Azerbaijani
The Azerbaijan State Translation Centre (AzSTC), as the winner of a literary grant organized by the Ukrainian Book Institute’s Translate Ukraine programme on the occasion of the 150th anniversary of birth of the outstanding Ukrainian writer, translator, folklorist, public and cultural activist Lesya Ukrainka, published the author’s book The Forest Song in Azerbaijani translation.
The poetry collection presented to the Azerbaijani reader for the first time was translated by the famous Azerbaijani poet Salam Sarvan through word-by-word translation from Ukrainian.
The author of the foreword is Pusta Akhundova, and the editor is Bahlul Abbasov.
The book has been released by the AzSTC-based publishing house
· the outstanding Ukrainian writer;
· was born to a noble family on February 25, 1871 in the town of Novohrad-Volynskyi (present Jitomir oblast) of Ukraine;
· wrote in different genres (poetry, epos, drama, prose);
· was an active member of Ukrainian national movement in the early 20th century;
· the author of poetry books, such as “On the Wings of Songs” (1893), “An Ancient Tale” (1893), “Thoughts and Dreams” (1899), “Cassandra” (1903–1907);
· as a result of an opinion poll held in Ukraine Lesya Ukrainka is mentioned in the same breath with such great historical figures as Taras Shevchenko and Bohdan Khmelnitsky;
· died at the age of 42 on 1 August 1913 in Surami, Georgia.
You can find copies of the edition at one of the many bookstore locations listed below:
‘Akademiya’ book house
Book house at the Secretariat of the Presidential Administration of the Azerbaijan Republic
Sales kiosk on the premises of the Azerbaijan University of Languages
‘Pero’ book house
‘Oxumalı’ book house
‘Lider’ book house
The Book “Heydar Aliyev and Georgia” Presented in Tbilisi
The presentation ceremony of the book “Heydar Aliyev and Georgia” dedicated to the “Year of Heydar Aliyev” and published by the leading Georgian “Merani” Publishing House has been held in Tbilisi. In her opening speech at the event launched in the large assembly hall of the Parliament of Georgia Makvala Gonashvili, the Chairman of the Writers’ Union of Georgia and winner of the Rustaveli State Prize, spoke about Heydar Aliyev’s decisive role in the political, economic and social life of Georgia in the difficult periods of its history and energy projects thanks to which fundamental changes in the field of policy and economic realities in the region had been achieved. Then, Afag Masud, the Board Chair of the Azerbaijan State Translation Centre and People’s Writer took the floor.
The Book “Heydar Aliyev and Georgia” Is Out
The book “Heydar Aliyev and Georgia”, dedicated to the 100th anniversary of the founder of modern Azerbaijan, the world-famous political figure Heydar Aliyev, has been published in Tbilisi by the joint efforts of the Georgian intelligentsia and the Azerbaijan State Translation Centre (AzSTC).
New Level of Development of Russian-Azerbaijani Literary Relations
The presentation ceremony of the books “Little Hero” (F. Dostoyevsky) and “Chevengur” (A. Platonov) translated and published in the Azerbaijani language as part of the joint project of the Azerbaijan State Translation Centre and the Russian Institute for Literary Translation has taken place...