AzSTC Releases Lesya Ukrainka’s First-Ever Printed Book in Azerbaijani
The Azerbaijan State Translation Centre (AzSTC), as the winner of a literary grant organized by the Ukrainian Book Institute’s Translate Ukraine programme on the occasion of the 150th anniversary of birth of the outstanding Ukrainian writer, translator, folklorist, public and cultural activist Lesya Ukrainka, published the author’s book The Forest Song in Azerbaijani translation.
The poetry collection presented to the Azerbaijani reader for the first time was translated by the famous Azerbaijani poet Salam Sarvan through word-by-word translation from Ukrainian.
The author of the foreword is Pusta Akhundova, and the editor is Bahlul Abbasov.
The book has been released by the AzSTC-based publishing house
· the outstanding Ukrainian writer;
· was born to a noble family on February 25, 1871 in the town of Novohrad-Volynskyi (present Jitomir oblast) of Ukraine;
· wrote in different genres (poetry, epos, drama, prose);
· was an active member of Ukrainian national movement in the early 20th century;
· the author of poetry books, such as “On the Wings of Songs” (1893), “An Ancient Tale” (1893), “Thoughts and Dreams” (1899), “Cassandra” (1903–1907);
· as a result of an opinion poll held in Ukraine Lesya Ukrainka is mentioned in the same breath with such great historical figures as Taras Shevchenko and Bohdan Khmelnitsky;
· died at the age of 42 on 1 August 1913 in Surami, Georgia.
You can find copies of the edition at one of the many bookstore locations listed below:
‘Akademiya’ book house
Book house at the Secretariat of the Presidential Administration of the Azerbaijan Republic
Sales kiosk on the premises of the Azerbaijan University of Languages
‘Pero’ book house
‘Oxumalı’ book house
‘Lider’ book house
“Seven Beauties” Published in Spain
The poem “Seven Beauties” by Azerbaijan’s greatest poet Nizami Ganjavi in Spanish translation has been published in Spain due to the announcement of 2021 as a “Year of Nizami Ganjavi.”
Nizami Ganjavi’s Words of Wisdom in a Virtual World
Frequently visited literature portals “stihi.by” (Belarus), “ashurnews.com” and “afkarhura.com” (Iraq), and “Altazor” online literary magazine under the Chile-based Visente Uidobro Cultural Foundation have posted detailed information on the great Azerbaijani poet Nizami Ganjavi’s creative activity
National Library Hosted Launch of Collected Works by Carlos Fuentes
The Akhundov National Library hosted a presentation ceremony of the Collected Works by Carlos Fuentes, a notable Mexican writer.