Khazar Magazine’s Next Issue Out Now
Highlights of the issue include:
– the novel “Poor Folk” by Fyodor Dostoevsky under the heading of “Literary Giants”;
– the poems by Musa Yaqub under the heading of “Azerbaijan Literature”;
– the short story “The Tree of Our Life” by Nicolae Esinencu under the heading of “Short Stories”;
– the short stories “Nuts” and “After the Full Moon” by Peter Jaroš under the heading of “Slovak Literature”;
– the poems by Wisława Szymborska under the heading of “Polish Poetry”;
– the short story “Possessions” by Timur Pulatov under the heading of “Turkic World”;
– “A Writer’s Diary” by Virginia Woolf under the heading of “Diary”;
– letters by V. Mayakovsky under the heading of “Memoir”;
– the novel “Brooklyn” by Colm Tóibin under the heading of “Dublin Literary Award”;
– the short stories “Morning of the Sniper”, “Open Season” and “Black Horse with a White Eye” by Vladimir Sorokin under the heading of “Contemporary Russian Literature”;
– the play “The Dumb Waiter” by Harold Pinter under the heading of “Theatre” and others.
For Khazar readers: copies of the edition are available on the stands below:
Kiosk Press – Elmler Akademiyası metro station, 19 Huseyn Javid Avenue;
Kiosk Press – Nariman Narimanov metro station, 122 Agha Neymatulla Street;
Kiosk Press – Icheri Sheher metro station, Istiglaliyyat Street;
Kiosk Press – Koroghlu metro station;
Kiosk Press – Nizami metro station, Alibey Huseynzade Street;
Kiosk Press – Hazi Aslanov metro station, 41 Khudu Mammadov Street, and on other newsstands at metro stations.
Notable Georgian Poet Given the Award of the State Translation Centre
This year, Makvala Gonashvili, the well-known Georgian poet, translator, Chairman of the Writers’ Union of Georgia, has been given the Award established by the Azerbaijan State Translation Centre on the occasion of the International Translator’s Day for her merits in the development of Azerbaijan-Georgian literary relations.
· is a poet and translator;
· was born in Georgia in 1958;
· graduated from the Department of Journalism at Georgia State University in 1981;
· is the author of such books as “From Here to You”, “To tell the Truth”, “The Dawn of the Sun Seeps Through the Dome”, “My Temple, My Place of Oath”, “Tears of the Sun” and “Bonfire of Poppies”;
· her works have been translated and published in many languages of the world;
Victoria Romero: Joint Projects of the Centre and Latin American Embassies Ought To Be Continued
On September 26, the Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary of the United States of Mexico to Azerbaijan, Mrs. Victoria Romero, visited the State Translation Centre. During the meeting, the exchange of views took place on the translation and publication projects implemented by the Centre in relation to the promotion of Latin American literature in Azerbaijan and the expansion of the Azerbaijani-Mexican literary and cultural ties.
AzSTC Hosts Certificate Award Ceremony for Translators
The Azerbaijan State Translation Centre (AzSTC) has completed the next qualifying examinations for professional translators. The translators who passed AzSTC’s qualifying examinations in sociology and politics, international relations, science and technology, economics, finance, and law received Certificates of the Centre.