AzSTC Releases Andrei Tarkovsky's First-Ever Printed Book in Azerbaijani
The Azerbaijan State Translation Centre (AzSTC) is pleased to announce the launch of the book ‘About the Mysteries of Filmmaking’ by Andrei Tarkovsky, renowned Russian filmmaker.
The collection includes the author’s thoughts, scientific and theoretical articles, lectures, speeches and interviews on cinematic excellence.
The chapters, such as ‘Cinema - the mirror of the society’, ‘Lectures on Filmmaking’, ‘Art in Search of the Ideal’, ‘Engraved Time’, ‘Artist’s Responsibility’, ‘After Longing’, ‘Cinema - the Mysterious World’, ‘Meetings, Speeches, and Interviews’ reveal the subtleties of art, such as the miraculous world of filmmaking, its invisible sides, the hidden layers of the acting and filmmaking, and influence of filmmaking on people and society through deep analyses and researches.
The translator of the book is Farhad Abdullayev, and the editor is Rabiga Nazimgizi.
The book has been released by the AzSTC-based publishing house.
Andrei Arsenyevich Tarkovsky
• was born in Ivanovo province, Russia;
• was a Russian filmmaker, theatre director, film theorist and screenwriter;
• the first film - ‘Ivan's Childhood’ was recognized as a major event in world cinematography, was awarded the ‘Golden Lion’ at the famous Venice Film Festival;
• films, such as ‘Andrei Rublev’, ‘Mirror’, and ‘Stalker’ were included in the list of the best screen works of all time;
• in 1980 left for Italy to shoot his next film and never came back;
• lived as an immigrant in Italy for the rest of his life;
• made his final two films abroad: ‘Nostalghia’ (1983) in Italy, and ‘The Sacrifice’ (1986) in Sweden;
• world famous directors, such as Wim Wenders, Aleksandr Sokurov, Lars von Trier dedicated their films to Andrei Tarkovsky’s memory after his death.
Copies of the edition are available at the bookstores below:
‘Akademiya’ book house
Book house on the premises of the Presidential Administration of the Azerbaijan Republic
Sales kiosk on the premises of the Azerbaijan University of Languages
‘Pero’ book house
‘Oxumalı’ book house
‘Lider’ book house
Azerbaijan State Translation Centre, “RIL editores” Publishing House Sign MOU
The Azerbaijan State Translation Centre (AzSTC) and “RIL editores” Publishing House of the Republic of Chile signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU).
Leyli and Majnun Showcased at Dnipro International Book Space Festival
A Launch ceremony to promote Leyli and Majnun, an epic love poem by Nizami Ganjavi, published in Ukraine this year was held at the IV Dnipro International Book Space Festival.
Leyli and Majnun Showcased at International Book Festival
A Launch ceremony to promote Leyli and Majnun, an epic love poem by Nizami Ganjavi, published in Ukrainian this year to commemorate and celebrate Azerbaijan’s greatest poet for 800 years was held at the Kyiv Book Art Fest.