AzSTC Releases Andrei Tarkovsky's First-Ever Printed Book in Azerbaijani
The Azerbaijan State Translation Centre (AzSTC) is pleased to announce the launch of the book ‘About the Mysteries of Filmmaking’ by Andrei Tarkovsky, renowned Russian filmmaker.
The collection includes the author’s thoughts, scientific and theoretical articles, lectures, speeches and interviews on cinematic excellence.
The chapters, such as ‘Cinema - the mirror of the society’, ‘Lectures on Filmmaking’, ‘Art in Search of the Ideal’, ‘Engraved Time’, ‘Artist’s Responsibility’, ‘After Longing’, ‘Cinema - the Mysterious World’, ‘Meetings, Speeches, and Interviews’ reveal the subtleties of art, such as the miraculous world of filmmaking, its invisible sides, the hidden layers of the acting and filmmaking, and influence of filmmaking on people and society through deep analyses and researches.
The translator of the book is Farhad Abdullayev, and the editor is Rabiga Nazimgizi.
The book has been released by the AzSTC-based publishing house.
Andrei Arsenyevich Tarkovsky
• was born in Ivanovo province, Russia;
• was a Russian filmmaker, theatre director, film theorist and screenwriter;
• the first film - ‘Ivan's Childhood’ was recognized as a major event in world cinematography, was awarded the ‘Golden Lion’ at the famous Venice Film Festival;
• films, such as ‘Andrei Rublev’, ‘Mirror’, and ‘Stalker’ were included in the list of the best screen works of all time;
• in 1980 left for Italy to shoot his next film and never came back;
• lived as an immigrant in Italy for the rest of his life;
• made his final two films abroad: ‘Nostalghia’ (1983) in Italy, and ‘The Sacrifice’ (1986) in Sweden;
• world famous directors, such as Wim Wenders, Aleksandr Sokurov, Lars von Trier dedicated their films to Andrei Tarkovsky’s memory after his death.
Copies of the edition are available at the bookstores below:
‘Akademiya’ book house
Book house on the premises of the Presidential Administration of the Azerbaijan Republic
Sales kiosk on the premises of the Azerbaijan University of Languages
‘Pero’ book house
‘Oxumalı’ book house
‘Lider’ book house
AzSTC Announces Translation Qualifying Exams
The Azerbaijan State Translation Centre (AzSTC) is pleased to announce the next stage of the translation qualifying exams with a view to improving the quality of language
- Mikayil Mushfig and Ali Karim in Spanish Electronic Literature Magazine
“Azerbaijan Remembers January 20 - the Day of Nationwide Sorrow and Pride” in Foreign Media
Crowd-pleasing global news portals, such as “Mustaqila.com”, “Afkarhura.com” (Iraq), “Alharir.info” (Algeria), “Anahaberyorum.com”, “Dibace.net”, “Gercektarih.com.tr” (Turkey), “News24hours.ro” (Romania)