AzSTC Releases Vsevolod Meyerhold’s First-Ever Printed Book in Azerbaijani
The Azerbaijan State Translation Centre (AzSTC) is pleased to announce the launching of avant-garde Russian theatre director Vsevolod Meyerhold’s book titled A Collection of Works.
The collection includes the author’s letters, articles, dairies, speeches, and notes.
The chapters, such as “On the History of Theatre and Actor-training Techniques ”, “Letters to O.M. Meyerhold”, “From the Dairy (1907-1912)”, “Storm”, “Masquerade”, “Notes on Theatre”, “The Noble Cuckold”, “Shaking Soil”, “Forest”, “Teacher Bubus”, “Mandate” and “The Government Inspector”, reveal the subtleties of art, such as the miraculous world of theater, its invisible sides, processes behind the scene, and secrets of directing art through deep analysis and research.
The translator of the selected works is Zahid Saritorpaq, and the editor is Farhad Abdullayev.
This edition is part of a translation grant program launched by the Russian Institute of Translation, with which AzSTC has cooperated since 2019.
• He was born in Penza, Russia.
• The Russian and Soviet theatre director, actor, and theatrical producer of German descent.
• From 1907 until the October Revolution, was the main director of the imperial theatres of Alexandrinsky and Mariinsky. After the revolution he collaborated with various Russian theatres.
• He was one of the first avant-garde theatre directors in the Soviet Union.
•The greatest theorist and practitioner of the grotesque genre in theatre, developer of Biomechanics - a system of actor training (antirealistic system of dramatic production), and author of the famous programme “Theatrical October”.
• The director-producer of almost forty landmark productions, among others, The Government Inspector (N. Gogol), Don Juan (J. Molière), Hedda Gabler (H. Ibsen), The Mandate (N. Erdman), and Elektra (R. Strauss).
• Imprisoned during the years of repression.
• Executed in prison in 1940.
Spanish Electronic Literature Journal Shares Poems by Ulujay Akif
“Babab.Cultura de revista”, a popular Spanish electronic literary journal, has posted in Spanish the poems “The Shadow”, “The Question” and “The March of Love” by Ulujay Akif, a young talented poet
Turkish Journal Published an Extensive Article about the Poetesses of Shusha
The 163rd issue of the Turkish Journal “Language and Literature” has published an extensive article about the book “The Honourable Three Poetesses of Karabakh”, devoted to the life and activity of notable Azerbaijani poetesses born and raised in Shusha
Kazakh Literary Portal Shares Short Story by Zardusht Shafi
“adebiportal.kz”, a reputable Kazakhstan-based literature portal, has posted in Russian the short story “The Last Flower Shop” by Zardusht Shafi, a young talented writer who passed away prematurely, as part of the AzSTC project