Khazar World Literature Magazine Next Issue Published
The latest issue of Khazar World Literature magazine has been published. The publisher is the Translation Centre under the Cabinet of Ministers of the Azerbaijan Republic.
Highlights of the issue include:
* The Nobel Lecture and novel “The Family of Pascual Duarte” by Camilo José Cela;
* Poems by Anne Sexton (USA);
* Bold Type, an online journal, interviews the English novelist and screenwriter Ian McEwan and his story “Conversations with a Cupboardman”;
* Letters from Turkish Khagans titled “Letters that have changed the course of history”;
* Extractions from book “Confessions of an Economic Hit Man” by John Perkins;
* Poems by Yuri Kuznetsov;
* The short story “The Bus Hijacker” by the Egyptian novelist Ihsan Abdel Quddous;
* The play “Foursome” by Eugène Ionesco;
* The story “Twinges of Conscience” by the Swedish playwright Johan August Strindberg;
* The memoirs of Ivan Zakhar'in (Yakunin) Sheikh Shamil;
* The short story “The Neighboring Shore” by the Uruguayan novelist Mario Benedetti, as well as other interesting articles.
Qismat’s Verses on Austrian Portal
“Gedichtesammlung.net”, the Austrian portal, has published the poems “Love is Blind as Vanga”, “Melancholy of the Night” and “Forgiveness” by Qismat, a young talented poet as part of the AzSTC’s project “Azerbaijan’s Latest Literature.”
The Book “Heydar Aliyev” from the Series “The Life Of Remarkable People” in Spanish Libraries
The book “Vida de personas notables – Heydar Aliyev” (“The Life Of Remarkable People – Heydar Aliyev”) published by the Azerbaijan State Translation Centre in Spain has been distributed among the following central libraries and universities of Madrid.
Rabiga Nazimgyzy’s verses on the pages of the Spanish literary portal
“Trabalibros”, the popular Spanish literature portal, has posted in Spanish the verses “Don’t worry about me” and “Send me one photo” by Rabiga Nazimgyzy, a modern, talented poetess, as part of the AzSTC project “Azerbaijan’s Latest Literature”.