Khazar World Literature Magazine Next Issue Published
The latest issue of Khazar World Literature magazine has been published. The publisher is the Translation Centre under the Cabinet of Ministers of the Azerbaijan Republic.
Highlights of the issue include:
* The Nobel Lecture and novel “The Family of Pascual Duarte” by Camilo José Cela;
* Poems by Anne Sexton (USA);
* Bold Type, an online journal, interviews the English novelist and screenwriter Ian McEwan and his story “Conversations with a Cupboardman”;
* Letters from Turkish Khagans titled “Letters that have changed the course of history”;
* Extractions from book “Confessions of an Economic Hit Man” by John Perkins;
* Poems by Yuri Kuznetsov;
* The short story “The Bus Hijacker” by the Egyptian novelist Ihsan Abdel Quddous;
* The play “Foursome” by Eugène Ionesco;
* The story “Twinges of Conscience” by the Swedish playwright Johan August Strindberg;
* The memoirs of Ivan Zakhar'in (Yakunin) Sheikh Shamil;
* The short story “The Neighboring Shore” by the Uruguayan novelist Mario Benedetti, as well as other interesting articles.
Memory of the Shirvanshahs
The main part of the Palace of the Shirvanshahs was built ...
Book Published to Celebrate Mehdi Huseynzade’s 100th Birthday Anniversary
The Azerbaijan State Translation Centre (AzSTC) has published a book to mark the...
ADR Aid to Mountainous Republic of the Northern Caucasus
The Azerbaijan Democratic Republic (ADR) provided...